Sunday, February 27, 2011

sunday funnies



Two weeks ago I watched the live broadcast of ACME Saturday Night on UStream because Colin Ferguson was guest-hosting. The skits that he participated in were hilarious, but this one in particular was so funny I literally had tears rolling down my cheeks. The scene takes place in 2009, when Colin Ferguson is meeting with his agent to discuss some parts he was offered -- The King's Speech, 127 Hours, True Grit and Lake Placid 3, with him choosing the latter. The premise isn't really new ... I've listened to quite a few Jack Benny episodes in which he recounts passing on Oscar-winning films in favor of The Horn Blows at Midnight, a notorious failure. But this skit is just so hilarious, the lack of originality is a moot point.

Naturally I probably find it more funny than everyone else will because I'm a fan of Colin Ferguson, but I don't think you need to be to get a kick of out it. It's only about 5 minutes long, and I promise they'll be 5 minutes well spent! :)

You can view the whole episode of the 2/11 ACME Saturday Night broadcast on their youtube channel, here. The Bulgarian/Russian food skit and the Eureka parody are pretty funny, as well!