Tuesday, June 5, 2012

lilac and leopard



dress - american apparel
cardigan - forever 21
white shirt - forever 21
belt - old navy
shoes - urbanog

For the longest time (okay, for like a couple weeks) I was obsessed with finding a cute lilac dress. I searched for lilac, purple and lavender on every website I could think of! Then I finally found this one, and it was love at first sight. It's lace on top with a swooshy full skirt on the bottom, and it is the exact color I was looking for. I anxiously awaited its arrival but when it finally came, I couldn't figure out what to wear it with. It seemed like nothing -- and I mean, nothing -- went with it. I think I tried on every cardigan I owned and every color just looked weird and hideous.

Then I saw my leopard cardigan nestled in the back of my sweater drawer and thought "oh, what the heck?" and tried it on. Voila! I love it! It's such a weird combination... I never would have thought of it if basically every single other sweater I own looked so terrible with the dress lol! :)