Monday, June 27, 2016

golden ticket



TCM is re-releasing Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory in theaters this week! I went to one of yesterday's showings, and it's going to be playing again this coming Wednesday. You can check here to see if it'll be playing in a theater near you :)

Saturday night just as I was about to fall asleep I suddenly realized that I had (or at least was 99% sure that I had) a purple velvet dress. I turned on the light, hopped out of bed, and went over to my closet to rummage through my dresses.(If you're not familiar with the movie, you can see why my desire for purple velvet was so urgent right here.) I hadn't had an opportunity to wear this pretty vintage number yet, mainly because it's little big in the shoulders on me, but I had to wear it anyway. It just screams Willy Wonka!

There are certain movies you watch as a kid, only to revisit them and think "maybe I should have left that one in my childhood." But Willy Wonka only gets better each time I see it. I notice quotes I had previously missed, subtle messages or brilliant set-pieces. This time I was acutely aware of how much I enjoyed Gene Wilder's performance as the titular eccentric chocolatier. It might just be one of my favorite movie roles of all time.


dress - vintage | shoes - bait footwear