Monday, October 3, 2016

black is the happiest color



Guys, I like wearing black now. I feel like my style goes in cycles... this is definitely something I would have worn in 2009 or 2010 and then for a few years it didn't feel right and now it feels like "me" again. Does that make sense?

Anyway. Speaking of changing and growing or whatever, I only have a little over a month left to try to complete my 30 before 30 list and now that I'm looking it over there are so many things on it that don't even interest me anymore. I only made the list a year ago! I think I might revise it this week to fit my current state of mind. Is that cheating? I don't really care if it is, lol :)

One major thing that I did manage to check off was number 15. I've been volunteering at my local non-profit movie theater since March and I'm enjoying it so much! Everyone is incredibly nice and it's been wonderful to get out of the house more often. Being self-employed is fantastic for so many reasons but after a while you can become acutely aware of how isolating it is. But to bring this full circle, the dress code at the theater is "black" and that's probably partially responsible for the resurgence of my appreciation for darker colors in my wardrobe.


dress- forever 21 (old) | shoes - asos | purple rug - amazon